Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Surviving Bangkok

Just a quick post to let you all know we made it safely out of Bangkok. We took the bus back from Koh Sahmet and decided to catch the train to Vientiane the same night, in case Bangkok hotels were busy with tourists waiting for the airport to open. The train station was not too crazy but it did have quite a few tourists there - Sam says normally there are almost none. The sleeper car train was full so we took the second class "soft seat" train. It was better than flying, I guess, given that flying would have been impossible. Anyway after 2 taxi rides, 2 bus rides, 2 immigration lines, and various chaos we got across the border and are at Grandma's house in Laos now. Mmmmmmmmmm green mangos and fresh fruits. We'll be celebrating Thanksgiving tomorrow at lunch while you guys are eating dinner since we don't have time to find and kill a turkey today. Happy Thanksgiving!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Amy,
I see your last post form Nov 26. I hope your are save.
I did not expect that you like extreme.
I never have been in S. Asia but I familiar with mosquitoes, finding food, shelter and so on.
Please write your plan for next week, if possible.

Take care, Alex

Nicole said...

Amy, you should try to find that exchange student from high school we were friends with. Wasn't she from Thailand? I don't even remember her name but I remember we called her "New", which seems ridiculous now. I might have an old post card from her if you want her info...

Followers